Espresso Macaroon Muffins
- Yield: 24 muffins
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with paper baking cups or coat with no-stick cooking spray. Combine coconut, almonds and 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk in small bowl.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl. Whisk remaining sweetened condensed milk, warm water, eggs, oil, vanilla and instant espresso coffee powder in large bowl until combined and espresso powder is dissolved. Pour into flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- SPOON batter evenly into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons reserved coconut mixture on top of each muffin.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in highest point of muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin of 24), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.