Double Chocolate Mint Bars
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 (1 oz.) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT 3/4 cup butter and chocolate squares in large saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and 2 teaspoons mint extract. Add eggs, stirring until well mixed. Stir in flour just until blended. Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter and chocolate chips in large saucepan over low heat. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 teaspoon mint extract. Spread over baked brownies. Let stand until set. Chill. Cut into bars. Garnish as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/24 of recipe), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 43g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.