Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- COOK blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in medium saucepan over medium heat until mixture boils and blueberries begin to burst. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Place in small bowl. Chill until no longer hot.
- BEAT cream in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat cream cheese in separate large bowl with same beaters until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, lemon peel and salt until blended. Fold in whipped cream until completely blended.
- SPREAD one third of blueberry mixture in 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Spoon half of ice cream mixture over blueberry mixture in pan. Swirl with tip of knife to slightly blend mixtures. Repeat layers. Top with remaining blueberry mixture. Swirl with tip of knife to slightly blend mixtures. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Spoon into serving dishes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.