Festive Coconut Macaroons
- Yield: 60 cookies
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (14 oz.) package sweetened coconut flakes (5 1/3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg whites
- 15 red candied cherries, halved
- 15 green candied cherries, halved
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, coconut and extracts in large bowl; mix well. Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until firm peaks form. Fold into coconut mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Press cheeries into center of each macaroon.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 macaroon of 48), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.