Strawberry Sundae Dessert
- Yield: 9 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (9 oz.) package chocolate wafers, finely crushed (2 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen strawberries, thawed (5 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- COMBINE wafer crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press half of crumb mixture into bottom of ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan.
- COMBINE strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in blender or food processor container; blend until smooth. Spoon 3/4 cups strawberry mixture evenly over cream mixture. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover; freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- STIR together remaining strawberry mixture and cornstarch in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cool. Chill.
- CUT into squares; serve with sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/9 of recipe), Calories 570 (Calories from Fat 330), Total Fat 37g (Saturated Fat 22g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 41g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.