Dutch Apple Dessert
- Yield: 9 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 5 medium all purpose apples, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apples, sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- PLACE 1 cup biscuit mix in large bowl; cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apple mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- COMBINE remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and brown sugar in small bowl; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in nuts. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- BAKE 1 hour or until golden. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- FOLLOW recipe above, using 2-quart microwave-safe round baking dish. Instead of baking, microwave on HIGH (100% power) 14 to 15 minutes, rotating dish after 7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/9 of recipe), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 360mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 49g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.