Peanut Butter Layer Brownies
- Yield: 24 brownies
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, (3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups instant hot cocoa mix
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat shortening and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Add flour and cocoa mix. Beat, scraping bowl occasionally, until blended. Spread half of batter in pan.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Microwave on High 1 minute, stirring once or until softened. Carefully spread peanut butter mixture over brownie layer. Spoon and carefully spread remaining half of brownie batter over peanut butter layer.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted one inch from center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Stored covered.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013 / Pillsbury® is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/24 recipe), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 135mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.