Salted Caramel Cookies
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened or slightly melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup finely crushed salted pretzels
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- Decorator sprinkles
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in cookie mix and pretzels on medium speed until evenly blended. Form into 36 balls using a rounded 1 tablespoon dough for each. Place on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart. Dip bottom of glass into flour and flatten balls to 1 1/2-inch diameter.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- MICROWAVE sweetened condensed milk in 3-quart microwave-safe glass bowl on HIGH 3 minutes. Milk will boil and rise in bowl during cooking. Microwave on MEDIUM-LOW (30%) an additional 12 to 16 minutes, whisking every 3 minutes, until thick and caramel colored. (Caramel will be very hot.) Spread caramel mixture on top of each cookie. If caramel thickens, microwave on HIGH 10 seconds to soften. Sprinkle each cookie immediately with a pinch of salt and decorator sprinkles, if desired. Let stand until set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 36 cookies), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.