Chocolate Thumbprints with Salted Caramel
- Yield: 48 cookies
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 (7.4 oz.) packages Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 44 small caramel candies
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- Flaked sea salt
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Microwave chocolate and butter in uncovered large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Stir in muffin mix until completely blended.
- DROP dough by heaping teaspoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet, forming into balls. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or just until cookies look slightly crackled and centers are still soft. Make indention in middle of each cookie with wooden spoon handle. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
- COMBINE caramels and heavy cream in small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Spoon into indentations in cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt. Rewarm caramel if it gets too thick. Store cookies in airtight container.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 48 cookies), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.