Autumn Acorn Squash Soup
- Yield: 6 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cups cooked and mashed acorn squash
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- MELT butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery, sauting until softened. Stir in flour, boullion, dill, curry and cayenne. Gradually add chicken stock and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in squash, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through. Allow soup to cool slightly.
- PROCESS soup in batches in food processor or blender carefully until smooth. Pour into bowls; garnish with crumbled bacon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 36054 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 850mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 40g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.