Sweet and Salty Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars
- Yield: 32
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 (7.4 oz.) Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 2 1/2 cups thin twisted pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 24 bite size caramel candies, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Line pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on long sides. Spray with no-stick cooking spray. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- STIR in muffin mix. Pat into prepared pan with oiled hands. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Layer will rise and fall. Evenly distribute pretzels over chocolate chip layer pressing firmly. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and caramel candies in medium saucepan. Cook over medium low heat until caramels are melted, stirring constantly. Pour caramel filling over pretzels and peanuts. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until caramel filling bubbles. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 32 bars), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.