Banana Coconut Fritters
- Yield: 3 dozen fritters
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup thinly sliced banana
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- Powdered sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- HEAT 1 1/2 inches canola oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat to 350°F. Combine flour, banana, coconut, lime juice, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until banana is mashed and thoroughly blended into flour.
- WHISK egg yolks and cream of coconut in small bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- DROP batter by 1 tablespoon metal scoop into hot oil. Cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until deep golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm, drizzled with sweetened condensed milk, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 fritter of 36), Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 20mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.