Super Simple Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Yield: 7 cups
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, half-and-half, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- BEAT heavy cream in separate large bowl with same beaters until stiff peaks form. Add to sweetened condensed milk mixture, folding in until completely blended.
- POUR mixture into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2-quart freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- To customize basic vanilla ice cream, add one or more favorite stir-ins prior to freezing. Soft stir-ins such as ice cream topping or jam may be blended into the sweetened condensed milk mixture in step 1, or for a "ribbon" effect, may be swirled in by spooning between layers of the ice cream mixture prior to freezing. Hard stir-ins, such as nuts, chopped candy bars, baking chips and toasted coconut should be folded in with the whipped cream in step 2. Use a 2 1/2- to 3-quart freezer-safe container for storage.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup, 1/14 of recipe), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 17g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.