Creamy Coconut Flan
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 70 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (about 13.5 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream in aerosol container
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted *
- COOK sugar in heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and caramel-colored, about 10 minutes. Working quickly, carefully pour into an 8-inch round baking pan. Using potholders, tilt pan to completely coat bottom.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, water, coconut extract and salt. Set prepared pan in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Pour egg mixture into pan. Fill larger baking dish with 1 inch deep boiling water. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until custard is set but not completely firm. Carefully remove pan from hot water. Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill several hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve: INVERT onto rimmed serving plate. Cut into wedges and place on individual serving plates. Spoon caramel sauce over flan. Garnish with whipped cream. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 43g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.