Coconut Pudding with Mango
- Yield: 10 (1/2 cup) servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 (about 13.5 oz.) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 fresh ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted *
- WHISK cold water and cornstarch in medium saucepan until cornstarch is dissolved. Whisk in coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk and salt.
- BRING to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook an additional 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in coconut extract, if desired. Pour into individual dessert dishes. Cool completely. Cover and chill.
- To serve: SPOON mango evenly over pudding. Sprinkle evenly with toasted coconut.
- * To toast coconut: Spread coconut on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned, tossing with a fork every 15 seconds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.