Cafe de Olla Ice Cream
- Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 cup hot brewed Folgers® Black Silk Coffee
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 to 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- COMBINE hot coffee, sugar, cinnamon and cloves in 2-quart bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in sweetened condensed milk until blended.
- COVER and chill until very cold.* Stir in heavy cream, orange peel and vanilla.
- FREEZE in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Pack frozen mixture into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Heat fudge topping according to package directions. Serve over ice cream.
- *To speed the cooling process: Fill a large bowl about halfway with ice cubes and cold water. Set 2-quart bowl containing coffee mixture inside large bowl. Stir until very cold, about 5 to 10 minutes. Proceed with recipe. If you prefer, coffee mixture can be chilled several hours or overnight.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup, 1/12 of recipe), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 40g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.