- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 cups cold water, divided
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (13.66 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cubes
- PLACE rice in blender container. Add 1 cup water. Cover and process 2 minutes or until finely ground. Add coconut. Process an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until finely ground.
- PLACE rice mixture and cinnamon stick in medium bowl. Add boiling water and salt. Cover and let stand at least 6 hours or overnight.
- STRAIN rice mixture twice using a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth. Reserve liquid, discarding rice mixture. Add sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, vanilla and almond extract to reserved liquid. Stir in remaining 2 cups cold water. Serve chilled over ice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.