South Pacific Coconut Brulee Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised and cut into short pieces
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Place lime peel, lemongrass and coconut milk in medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
- UNROLL piecrust and press into 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges. Line crust with foil, fill with pie weights. Bake 5 minutes. Remove foil and weights. Reduce heat to 350°F.
- ADD eggs, sweetened condensed milk and salt in food processor. Pulse to combine. Strain coconut milk mixture into small bowl. Discard lime peel and lemongrass. Cool 15 minutes. Pour coconut milk slowly into egg mixture, pulsing to combine. Pour into prepared crust. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until custard is set but slightly loose in center. Cool 30 minutes, chill. Sprinkle with sugar. Carmelize using a small torch.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 36g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.