Spectacular Banana Split Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans*
- For Crust: HEAT oven to 350°F. Stir crumbs, sugar and butter with fork in small bowl until combined. Press firmly onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- For Filling: PLACE banana slices in small bowl. Toss with lemon juice to coat. Beat pudding mix, milk, sour cream, vanilla and 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk in medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until smooth. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Arrange half of the sliced bananas on bottom of pie crust. Top with half the pudding mixture. Repeat with remaining bananas and pudding. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- For Garnish: STIR chocolate chips and reserved sweetened condensed milk together in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds. Stir until chips are melted and smooth. Drizzle each serving plate with a small amount of chocolate. Slice pie into wedges. Place on prepared plates. Drizzle with chocolate. Garnish with a strawberry half and a dollop of remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans.
- To toast pecans: Place pecans in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately to avoid over-browning.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 55g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.