Orange Cream Granita
- Yield: 4 cups
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon rose water
- COMBINE orange juice, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, orange peel and rose water, if desired, in large bowl; mix well.
- POUR into 9-inch square baking pan. Cover and freeze just until edges are frozen, about 1 1/2 hours. Using a fork, scrape frozen granita toward center to break up ice crystals. Pat mixture evenly into pan. Cover and freeze. Repeat every 30 minutes until granita is firm, about 4 hours.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup, 1/8 of recipe), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 48g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 20%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.