Coconut Flan Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Flute edges. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinking. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- COMBINE coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, water and vanilla in blender container. Process 1 minute or until blended. Add coconut. Process for 30 seconds. Pour into partially baked pie crust.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Chill 2 hours.
- A deep-dish 9-inch frozen crust can be substituted in this recipe. Allow to thaw at room temperature 10 minutes. Follow directions above to prick with a fork and bake before adding filling.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/18 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.