Brigadeiros Caramel Fudge Truffles
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate decorator sprinkles
- COAT plate with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, cocoa and coffee crystals in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture pulls away from bottom of pan. Spread on prepared plate. Chill 30 minutes.
- PLACE pistachios, coconut and sprinkles on 3 different plates. Coat hands with no-stick cooking spray. Using a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, form caramel mixture into 36 small balls. Roll 12 each in the pistachios, the coconut and the sprinkles. Put in mini paper liners, if desired. Chill 30 minutes.
- To toast coconut: Spread coconut on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, tossing coconut with fork after each minute. To avoid over-browning, remove from pan immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 truffle of 36), Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 20mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.