Classic Key Lime Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14 oz.) cans Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate to form crust. Bake 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- WHISK sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour filling into crust. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form on surface of pie. Cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Best served the same day.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 41g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.