Fudgy Chocolate Chip-Toffee Bars
- Yield: 32 bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Sarah Fuchs, Ozark, MO, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (32 squares)
- 1 bag (8 oz) Heath® Bits 'O Brickle® toffee bits (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1 bag (12 oz) Hershey’s® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 can (14 oz) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, stir 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 1/2 cups of the cracker crumbs and 3/4 cup of the toffee bits. Press mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In 2-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, milk and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over cracker crust.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup cracker crumbs with wooden spoon until well blended. Crumble mixture evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup toffee bits.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For a firmer bar, refrigerate 30 minutes longer. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
- ®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
- Heath® and Heath® Bits ‘o Brickle® are registered trademarks of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
- Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 32), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 24g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.