Apricot Coconut Balls
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (6 oz.) package dried apricots (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Powdered sugar
- CHOP apricots by pulsing in food processor until finely chopped or mincing on cutting board with sharp knife.
- MIX apricots and coconut in large bowl until well blended. Stir in sweetened condensed milk until evenly blended.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Let stand at room temperature until firm. Store in refrigerator.
- CHOCOLATE-DIPPED APRICOT COCONUT BALLS: Prepare recipe as directed above but shape into 3/4-inch balls and do not roll in powdered sugar. Microwave 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons all-vegetable shortening in uncovered microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power 1 minute. Stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds or until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
- DIP balls in melted chocolate to coat. Remove with fork, allowing excess chocolate to drip off before placing on sheet of wax paper. Let stand until chocolate is set. Store in refirgerator. Makes 4 1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 ball of 36), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 10mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.