Coconut Orange Almond Squares
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (14 oz.) package (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly sqeezed orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and coconut in medium bowl; mix well. Spread mixture over partially baked crust.
- WHISK egg white until frothy in small bowl. Add almonds; toss to coat. In separate bowl, mix brown sugar, 1 teaspoon orange peel, orange juice and cinnamon. Add almond mixture; stir well to combine, until sugar is moist and mixture coats each almond. Sprinkle almonds over coconut layer.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until tips of coconut begin to brown and almonds are lightly toasted. Cool slightly. Sprinkle remaining orange peel over top of bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 square of 24), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 24g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.