Strawberry Chiffon Squares
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 140 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4-serving) package strawberry flavor gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries, thawed and mashed
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- COMBINE wafer crumbs and butter in small bowl; press firmly into bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan or 12 x 7-inch baking dish.
- DISSOLVE gelatin in water in large bowl; stir in sweetened condensed milk and strawberries. Fold in marshmallows and whipped cream. Pour over prepared crust.
- CHILL 2 hours or until set. Garnish as desired.
- LIME CHIFFON SQUARES: OMIT strawberry flavor gelatin and strawberries. Dissolve 1 (4-serving) package lime flavor gelatin in 1 cup boiling water in large bowl; stir in sweetened condensed milk, 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Proceed as above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 square of 12), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 42g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 10%, Iron 40%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.