Lime-Filled Pastry with Mixed Berries
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one-half 17 1/4 oz. pkg.)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or quartered strawberries
- LET folded pastry thaw at room temperature 20 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface; roll out into 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut a 3/4-inch wide strip from each long side of rectangle; cut a 3/4-inch wide strip from each short end of rectangle. Set aside the 4 strips.
- PLACE pastry rectangle on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg white. Lay pastry strips on top of pastry rectangle, aligning outer edges of strips to fit. Brush strips with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Prick bottom of rectangle several times with fork.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Cool.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and sour cream in medium bowl. Spoon into cooled pastry rectangle. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Top with berries before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 pastry of 8), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 44g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.