Cherry Dumplin' Cake
- Yield: 15 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 70 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup cold butter plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 2 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract in medium bowl. Place 2 cups biscuit mix in large bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cherry mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- COMBINE remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and brown sugar in small bowl. Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle evenly over cherry mixture.
- BAKE 60 to 70 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/15 of cake), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 25g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.