Almond Toffee Ice Cream Loaf
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted*, divided
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 42 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (1.4 oz.) English toffee candy bars, crushed
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- LINE 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending foil above sides of pan. Finely chop 1/2 cup almonds; combine with wafer crumbs in medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture; combine remainder with butter. Press firmly into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared pan.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; mix well. Stir in reserved crumb mixture, crushed candy bars and remaining 1/2 cup chopped almonds. Fold in whipped cream.
- POUR into prepared pan; cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. To serve, remove from pan. Invert and peel off foil. Garnish as desired. Slice to serve.
- *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of loaf), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 390), Total Fat 43g (Saturated Fat 22g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 43g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 25%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.