Black Forest Torte
- Yield: 16 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package direstions for two 9-inch round layers. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly.
- MELT chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon milk. Cool 10 minutes.
- COMBINE cherry filling and almond extract.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on serving plate, top side up. With sharp knife, remove crust from top of cake layer to within 1/2 inch of edge; top with half the chocolate mixture, then cherries. Top with second cake layer and remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of torte), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 67g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 35g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.