Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled cooking apples, like McIntosh
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- COOK apple in melted butter in large skillet over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in apple cider and apple pie spice; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- WHISK sweetened condensed milk and cream in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in apple mixture. Fill a large bowl about halfway with ice cubes and very cold water. Set the medium bowl containing the ice cream mixture inside the large bowl. Stir until very cold, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- FREEZE in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Spread in 8- or 9-inch square pan. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Scoop ice cream and mound in pan. Drizzle caramel topping over entire surface, allowing caramel to seep into ice cream. Pack ice cream back into pan. Cover and freeze until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup, 1/12 of recipe), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.