Peppermint-Filled Yule Log
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups peppermint stick ice cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer 3 to 4 minutes or until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. With mixer at low speed, beat in 1/3 cup water. Add flour and baking powder. Beat at low speed just until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen edges from the pan. Turn out onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up towel and cake, jelly-roll style, starting from a long side. Cool on wire rack. Unroll cake and remove towel.
- STIR ice cream just until softened. Spread over unrolled cake to within 1/2-inch of edges. Reroll. Diagonally cut 4-inch piece from an end. Place long roll on serving plate. Place cut edge of piece against side to resemble branch. Place in freezer while preparing frosting.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and chocolate in heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate melts and mixture thickens, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons water and peppermint extract. Cook, stirring rapidly, until mixture thickens again, 3 to 4 minutes. Cool 15 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to spread.
- REMOVE chilled cake from freezer and frost quickly. Return to freezer for 5 minutes. With fork, score wavy lines in frosting. Freeze at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of log), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 135mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 61g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.