Chocolate Chip and Nut Tart
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 refrigerated unbaked pie crust (one-half of 15 oz. pkg.)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup coarsely chopped salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup (6 oz.) miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- LET refrigerated pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Roll pie crust on floured surface from center to edge, forming a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Ease pastry into 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim pastry even with the rim of the pan.
- COMBINE eggs, sweetened condensed milk and butter in medium bowl. Stir in nuts and 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Place pastry-lined tart pan on a baking sheet. Carefully pour filling into pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool.
- MELT remaining chocolate chips and shortening over low heat in small saucepan. Just before serving, drizzle over tart.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of tart), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.