Blackberry-Lemon Ice Cream
- Yield: 2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 2 cups pureed fresh or thawed frozen unsweetened blackberries
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) half-and-half
- COMBINE blackberries, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon peel in large bowl. Stir in half-and-half.
- POUR into ice cream freezer container.
- FREEZE according to manufacturer's instructions. For a firmer consistency, place in freezer two hours before serving.
- Four cups fresh or thawed frozen unsweetened blueberries or raspberries pureed can be substituted for blackberries.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 15%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.