- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 120 Minutes
- MERINGUE SHELLS
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- Green or yellow food coloring, if desired
- 1 (4 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- MERINGUE SHELLS
- HEAT oven to 250°F. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or brown paper. Draw 8 (3-inch) circles about 2 inches apart on paper; set aside.
- COMBINE egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high speed until stiff but not dry. With pastry bag and star tip, pipe meringue within circles on paper, forming shells, or spoon within the circles, forming a hollow in center.
- BAKE 1 hour. Turn off oven; leave meringues in oven 1 hour. Cool at room temperature.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, limeade, lemon juice and egg yolks in medium saucepan; mix well. Cook and stir rapidly over medium heat until hot and slightly thickened.
- REMOVE from heat; cool 15 minutes. Chill thoroughly, about 30 minutes. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Chill until ready to serve. Spoon into Meringue Shells just before serving. Garnish as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.