Triple Layer Chocolate Mint Bars
- Yield: 24 bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Few drops of green or red food coloring
- MELT 2 squares chocolate, 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk and butter in large saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in crumbs, nuts and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Press firmly into bottom of 12 x 7-inch baking dish; chill 15 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese in small bowl until fluffy. Beat in sugar until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread over chocolate layer; chill an additional 45 minutes or until mint layer is set.
- MELT remaining 2 squares chocolate with remaining sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over mint layer. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 24), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.