Crunchy Peanut Brickle Bars
- Yield: 3 dozen bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
Or 1/2 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package milk chocolate toffee bits
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar and milk in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in oats. Beat into shortening mixture. Stir in peanuts. Reserve 1 1/2 cups dough mixture. Press remaining dough mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- BEAT sweetened condensed milk with peanut butter in small bowl until smooth. Pour over partially baked crust; spread evenly. Combine reserved dough mixture and toffee bits in medium bowl. Mix with fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over peanut butter mixture.
- BAKE an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.