Strawberry Bon Bons
- Yield: 4 dozen candies
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (14 oz.) package flaked coconut
- 1 (6 oz.) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup ground blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Red food coloring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Green food coloring
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, coconut, 1/3 cup gelatin, almonds, almond extract and enough red food coloring to tint mixture a strawberry red shade in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to food processor and pulse several times to form paste.
- CHILL until firm to handle. Shape spoonfuls of coconut mixture (about 3/4 tablespoon) into strawberry shapes.
- SPRINKLE remaining gelatin on flat dish; roll each strawberry into gelatin to coat. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, cream and green food coloring until well blended to make frosting "hulls." Fill pastry bag fitted with open star tip with frosting; pipe small amount on top of each strawberry to form hull.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bon bon of 48), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.