Black Forest Cherry Chocolate Cake
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- HEAT oven 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, applesauce, brown sugar, eggs and egg white in medium bowl; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl; stir into milk mixture just until moistened. Gradually add water. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool 30 minutes. Spoon some of pie filling over cake. Slice cake; serve with remaining filling.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of cake), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 88g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 50g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.