- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- SUGAR GARNISH (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Cook sugar in heavy skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until melted and caramel-colored. Carefully pour into 8 (6 oz.) ungreased custard cups, tilting to coat bottom completely.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl; stir in water, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Pour into prepared custard cups; set cups in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with 1 inch of hot water.
- BAKE 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Move cups from larger pan to a wire rack; cool 1 hour. Chill several hours or overnight.
- SERVE by loosening side of flan with knife; invert onto individual serving plates with rim. Top with Sugar Garnish, if desired, or garnish as desired.
- SUGAR GARNISH
- FILL medium metal bowl half-full of ice. Combine sugar with water in medium saucepan; stir. Cover; bring to a boil. Cook over high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until light brown in color. Immediately put pan in ice for 1 minute. Carefully drizzle sugar decoratively over foil lined cookie sheet. Cool. To serve, peel from foil.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 8 flans), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 125mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 48g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.