Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Yield: About 1 1/2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, if desired
- 2 cups (1 pt.) half-and-half
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract and food coloring, if desired, in large bowl; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- POUR into ice cream freezer container. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- REFRIGERATOR-FREEZER METHOD
- OMIT half-and-half; reduce mini chocolate chips to 1/2 cup. Whip heavy cream. Combine sweetened condensed milk, extract and food coloring if desired, in large bowl; mix well. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2- quarts container; cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 26g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.