Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- Whipped cream for garnish
- MELT chocolate with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir rapidly 5 to 8 minutes or until very thick and bubbly.
- POUR small amount of chocolate mixture into egg yolks. Stir until blended. Add egg mixture and water to saucepan. Cook and stir rapidly until mixture thickens and bubbles again. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes. Chill thoroughly, about 30 minutes.
- BEAT 1 cup cream in large bowl until stiff. Stir chocolate mixture. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour into baked pie crust. Chill 3 hours or until set. Spread with additional whipped cream. Garnish as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of pie), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.