Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Yield: 3 dozen bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in peanuts.
- REMOVE 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; place in small bowl for topping. Stir egg into remaining crumb mixture in large bowl. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- STIR together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in medium bowl until well blended. Pour evenly over partially baked crust.
- STIR chocolate chips into reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle evenly over peanut butter layer. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until just beginning to set in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 36), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.