Lemon Sugar Cookie
- Yield: 7 to 8 dozen cookies
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- LEMON DRIZZLE
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Divide dough into 3 balls. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Roll each ball on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness; cut into desired shapes.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with Lemon Drizzle, if desired.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, water and lemon juice; mix well. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 84), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.