Black Forest Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 (9- or 10-inch) baked pie crust
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- Toasted almonds*
- MELT chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat; stir in almond extract.
- POUR into large bowl; cool or chill thoroughly. Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- POUR into baked pie crust. Chill 4 hours or until set. Serve topped with pie filling. Garnish with almonds, if desired.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- COMBINE chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in 1-quart glass measure with handle. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 2 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute until smooth. Proceed as above.
- *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 24g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.