Traditional Peanut Butter Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, baked and cooled
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4-serving size) package vanilla flavor pudding mix (NOT instant)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Place powdered sugar in small bowl. Cut in peanut butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle into baked pie crust.
- MIX sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, water and pudding mix in large saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened. Cool slightly. Stir in sour cream until blended. Spoon on top of peanut butter mixture in pie crust.
- BEAT egg whites with cream of tartar in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat an additional 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and stiff glossy peaks form. Spread over pie, sealing carefully to edge of crust to prevent meringue from shrinking.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Chill.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 48g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.