Tropical Candy Clusters
- Yield: 6 dozen candies
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted almonds or macadamia nuts*
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups flaked coconut
- LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- COMBINE both chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt in 2-quart microwave-safe dish. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips melt, stirring after each 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in almonds, pineapple and coconut.
- DROP by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- STOVE TOP METHOD
- Melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Proceed as above.
- *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
- Instead of pineapple, other dried fruit, such as mango, cherries or cranberries, can be used.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 72 clusters), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.