Creamy Almond Candy
- Yield: About 3 1/4 pounds
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds vanilla-flavored candy coating*
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) whole almonds, toasted**
- MELT candy coating, sweetened condensed milk and salt in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract, then almonds.
- SPREAD evenly into wax paper-lined 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- TURN onto cutting board. Peel off paper; cut into triangles or squares. Store leftovers tightly covered at room temperature.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- COMBINE candy coating, sweetened condensed milk and salt in 2-quart glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 3 to 5 minutes, stirring after each 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Proceed as above.
- *Also called confectioners’ coating.
- ** To toast almonds, spread in single layer in heavy-bottomed skillet. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from skillet immediately. Cool before using.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 52 pieces), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 15mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.