Butterscotch Apple Dip
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 apples, sliced into wedges
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch chips and salt in heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat; stir until chips are melted.
- REMOVE from heat; stir in vinegar and cinnamon. Serve warm with apples.
- To Reheat: Combine desired amount of sauce with small amount of water in small heavy saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until heated through.
- Can be served warm over ice cream. Can be made several weeks ahead.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch chips and salt in 1-quart glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 3 or 3 1/2 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cinnamon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 apple plus dip), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 7g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Sugars 29g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.